There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Saturday, February 21, 2009




On March 2, the National Education Association is calling for every child to be reading in the company of a caring adult. 

Get ready for Read Across America Day (the birthday of Dr. Suess) by getting a free digital download of The Cat in the Hat. Go to www.kidthing.org/nea to download your copy. It's available for any teacher of any grade, including preschool, as well as librarians.

Click on their calendar of free books to see what's available. You can also download Hop on Pop, Green Eggs and HamHorton Hears a Who! and a Certificate of Achievement. FREE is GOOD!

For many other great ideas for celebrating this wonderful day, check out these sites:
 NEA

3 comments:

Trishelle said...

Sweet, Deanna!! I'm putting this date on my calendar and celebrating with the kids who are at home! Thanks!

Trishelle said...

So how did your day of reading go? What'd ya read?

Deanna H. said...

I wore my Dr. Suess hat, which my students love. It has red and silver sort of sequins on it. I also wore a big silver necklace with some bling on it that a student gave me for Valentine's Day. I felt like "Vegas Suess" but it was fun. We just read some Dr. Suess books and talked about how talented he was. He would have been 105 years old if he were still living.