
Bestselling British series arrives in the U.S.
In the first book, Horrid Henry, four short chapters follow Henry as he tries to have a perfect day, and upstages his brother, Perfect Peter. Each book has four stories geared to grades 2-4. Because the chapters are short and easy to read, they will appeal to early readers as well as reluctant readers and all readers in-between.
Most stories end with "the jokes on you" type of conclusion. The stories include interestingly named characters like:
Moody Margaret
Weepy William
Lazy Linda
Beefy Bert
Prissy Polly
Other titles in the series include:
Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy
Horrid Henry's Stinkbomb
Horrid Henry and the Mega-Mean Time Machine
My own children found the books to be enjoyable and humorous. I will be adding them to my 4th grade classroom library.


1 comment:
These sound great!! Coming from a second child whose older sibling is practically perfect (a trait I love and appreciate now) this looks like a fun series for anyone whose ever suffered from 'Second Child-itis". I can't wait to pick them up and read them to my own second child.
Post a Comment