There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Teens' Top Ten



Teen Read Week was October 12-18. 
More than 8,000 teens voted for their favorite books. 

The top ten are:

1. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
5. Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James patterson
6. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
7. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
8. Extras by Scott Westerfeld
9. Before I Die by Jenny Downham
10. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson


Did any of your favorites make the list?

3 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

Of course you know Stephenie and JK are on my list and I have "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld sitting in my "to read" pile- I've heard it's a great series.
Thanks for the list!!

Trishelle said...

This site looks great! What a fun forum to participate in. I'm totally posting it as one of my faves!

By the way...I'm sending you an invite tomorrow for my Princess Boutique/Scentsy party. It's next Thursday from 6-9. I'm reading my first rough draft of my second story to those who are interested at 8:30. I would love your feedback.

Janssen said...

I've read the Uglies trilogy, but not Extras. Must get on that.