There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson



This is really not a review of the book, just my feelings after reading it. There are some great reviews out there if you are interested. Jen Robinson has a wonderful review of Chains

I really enjoyed this book! It's the best historical fiction book I've read this year. I became very attached to the main character-a slave girl named Isabel. Parts of the book were very sad and hard to read about. I was satisfied with how it ended and am looking forward to reading more about Isabel and Cruzon in Forge

Laurie Halse Anderson also wrote Fever 1793 about six years ago. Another great historical fiction read.

2 comments:

caribookscoops said...

This looks like a good book. I hope to check it out soon. My sister and gave you an award on our blog. Come check it out.

Deanna H. said...

Thank you so much! I enjoy reading your blog too.