

People read all over the place. It makes me happy to see people out and about glued to a book.
My daughter and I recently had lunch at Del Taco. We were there about a half hour. The entire time there were two men who were not together that had a book in hand. They were already there reading when we arrived and they were still reading when we left. They really never looked away from their books. I just had to take a picture of that. I would have been really embarrassed if they saw me taking the pictures, but they really never took their eyes off the books.
I usually read in bed or on the couch. Sometimes I'll take a book to the park, but I can't do that in the winter. Other than that, I really don't read in public places. I think I'm just too distracted by noise and people. I have to read when it's pretty quite.
Where is your favorite place to read? Are you an indoor or outdoor reader? Where is the strangest or coolest place you have ever read?
Leave a comment and your name will be entered in a drawing to win a $20.00 gift card from Barnes & Noble that can be redeemed online and in stores. I will draw and announce a winner on Wednesday, February 4.


5 comments:
Awesome! I can read anywhere - I am pretty immune to noise, but my favorite spot (in winter) is right over the heat vent, with a blanket to capture all the warmth!
I adore silence when reading so most of it's done in my bedroom. However, since I'm a taxi driver (kids) I read quite a bit while hanging out in the car at piano lessons and sports practices. Surprisingly, if I'm really into the book, I catch up while working out on the elliptical at the gym! Love your reviews, thanks!
The simple answer- anywhere!
I mostly read in my bed (but have a tendency to fall asleep). I read when I'm out to eat by myself, at my desk while I eat lunch, while I'm waiting in my car for anyone, in my garage if I'm waiting for someone to pick me up... anywhere. This is probably why I am always in the middle of 2 or 3 books at a time. Last week I decided to get something to eat and didn't have a book to read, so I bought a new one real quick!
I already commented, but thought those who enjoy this post would enjoy this little tidbit. I live in CA but am a diehard Patriots fan. Every Sunday I go to the trashy sports bar to watch the game- by myself because my friends refuse to join me. Well, I always bring my book with me and would read during timeouts and half-time. Needless to say, I got more than a few strange looks from the beer guzzling men who were there. A few even began to comment - "look, there she is. New England's back and she brought her book again..."
I also read in bed or on the couch. I want to get in the habit of keeping a book with me for those times when I'm just "waiting" and doing nothing, like in a grocery store line.
Post a Comment