There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull


I'm not writing a synopsis of this book. (You can read one anywhere.) 

I'll just say that this is my favorite book of the series. I don't count the first book because I really liked it so much and that's what got me hooked on the series. It's kind of like classic Fablehaven and I can't judge it against others in the series. I think the fourth book is even better than books two and three. 
Here's why--

Lots of adventure
Cool new characters
A hint of romance
Stingbulbs
A big shocking thing happens (oh, how I didn't want it to be true)
The last sentence

I  just hope that Brandon Mull really will conclude the series in his next book. I don't like when authors say that they will end a series and then they keep going and going. They really end up losing people who get tired of being strung along for the money ride. 

1 comment:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I finally have this one checked out - dying to read it!