There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester


I first heard about this book on Stephenie Meyer's website. Here's what she said: 
"It's the oddest/sweetest mix of Little House on the Prairie and X-Men. I was smiling the whole time (except for the part where I cried). Prepare to have your heart warmed."

Yes, the main character in the story, Piper McCloud, can fly. Her flying ends up causing trouble so she gets sent to a top-secret school for kids with exceptional abilities. She stays true to her 'hick' self while getting into and out of trouble.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters, the adventures and the story. 

2 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I've been meaning to read this book, too. I gave you an award on my blog. Check here. Enjoy the glory :)

Deanna H. said...

Thank you so much for the award Melissa!