There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gail Carson Levine's Blog


Two weeks ago, author Gail Carson Levine started a blog. YIPEE!! 

She said that she is planning on posting once a week and that it is probably going to be about writing. She is currently about in the middle of writing a mystery. She has never written a mystery before and says that she is confused about everything. Here is what she wrote regarding that: 

"My only certainty is that writing is magical and if I muddle along, tossing in this and that, the pieces will settle into place, little by little."

I am very excited to follow her blog posts. She also has some writing prompts/exercises as well. What a great resource! 

If you haven't already read her nonfiction book Writing Magic: Creating Stories That Fly then you have missed out on a great book about writing all aspects of fiction, written for young writers. (Although I think it would benefit any writer.)

3 comments:

Britt said...

Oh cool! I love her!!

Kim M. said...

Love her quote.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Yeah! I'm excited to read her blog (and book).