
I finally read this first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The series is a New York Times bestseller. Rick Riordan is also the author of the popular 39 Clues series.
I really enjoyed the book. Great for boys as well as girls. Lots of adventure and monsters. It got me really excited about Greek mythology. Which, by the way, I haven't been excited about since grade school. One of my elementary teachers had a big poster of Greek mythology creatures hung up in the classroom. Every so often we would sit down on the carpet in front of him and he would point to a figure on the poster and tell us the story of it. I don't remember much at all from that class, but I do remember how much I enjoyed hearing those stories.


1 comment:
Well, at least now you won't have to wait for the sequels to come out! (Which nearly killed me, since I am still waiting for the last one from the library.)
Post a Comment