There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Look Behind! by Lola M. Schaefer and Heather Lynn Miller


This picture book is about animal bottoms from A to Z. It tells (and shows) what kind of "butt" each animal has. Then it includes a paragraph about that animal and how it functions. I must include some text from the book for you to get an idea of what it's all about.

"F Fancy Butt" (a peacock)
"H Hairy Butt...Although the polar bear's fur looks white, each hair is actually clear."
"J Juicy Butt...The salamander's bottom looks extra juicy, but the poison tastes bad..."
"N Noisy Butt...Every time a cow breaks wind, it releases methane gas into the air."

Okay, you get the idea. The book does have colorful and fun illustrations and does give information about each animal. You might chuckle at one part and then say, "Ew, sick!" at another part. At our house, between the laughs and the gross-outs, there were some gasps because we really don't use the b-u-t-t word.

So I'm asking, if you have read this book, what do you think about it?
If you have not read it, are you interested?

I hope you don't think this review was a BUMMER!

1 comment:

Trishelle said...

Bwahahahahaha! That's an awesome book! I haven't read it yet, but after your review, it's definitely on my list...and not even on the BOTTOM of it either! Bwahaha! Great review!