There is nothing juvenile about children's literature.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Christmas Picture Book Giveaway







I'm giving away a brand new hard back copy of The Dinosaurs' Night Before Christmas. The book is written by Anne Muecke and illustrated by Nathan Hale. It includes a CD with dinosaur Christmas music and the story read by Al Roker. 

"Twas the night before Christmas, when all thorough the hall 
Not a creature was stirring, there was no sound at all.
The fossils were standing where they always stood
Looking out o'er a now fast asleep neighborhood."

Every Christmas Eve, the dinosaur fossils in the museum come to life to sing, dance, eat gingerbread, and be merry. And this year, a young boy who lives across the street gets to join in the magical festivities. 

The last four pages of the book have the words to the songs on the CD.  They go along with traditional Christmas songs. For example: 
Deck the Halls with Stegosaurus, 
Hark! The Pterodactyls Sing

All you need to do is comment on this post about something you are thankful for (since we are entering the week of Thanksgiving) and your name will be entered into a drawing. You have through Thanksgiving to leave a comment. I will draw and post the winner's name on the day after Thanksgiving. (Black Friday, November 28) 

Good Luck and Have a Happy Turkey Day!





10 comments:

cpullum said...

I am thankful that I get to go to my moms with mykids and eat a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner!

Carla
cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kim M. said...

I'm MOST thankful for my family and friends, but I'm also thankful for Dove dark chocolate, foaming soap and answers to prayers. I know, kind of random, but true.

The Lowder the Better said...

I'm thankful for a loving family and people who know me and STILL love me.

Helen Macfarlane said...

I'm thankful for friends who share other friends' blog spots!! (Thanks Kim). I'm thankful I know Merritt AND Kim and still like them and that they still like me (at least I think they do). I'm thankful for tender mercies-quiet little reminders that God is aware of me and wants me to be happy.

Paula said...

I am thankful for my life. For being a wife and mom, living in America and having so manygreat friends. I love my warm bed, being able to go outside and play in my yard in the summer and the snow in the winter. So many things that surround me, I am thankful for my life!

alifefullofpassion said...

I am thankfull for being a SAHM and enjoy my kids, thanks for the opportunity to win some books to read to them,
Clemencia ceda3swapp@gmail.com

sheri said...

I'm thankful for my family, I live in America, I can read and so many other things.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my mom. She's the greatest mom EVER! (Yes, she's typing this while I'm holding Madi, but I really did say it!) I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful that Madi's acid reflux is finally getting better and I am getting some sleep. Woo hoo!

a wynn wynn situation said...

Man- I missed it! I'm thankful for my family and great friends like you!!

Sarah said...

I love your blog. It's great to get on to see what others enjoy reading and getting ideas for the kids. Thanks!!!